- News / Media
- Mandala Magazine
- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Videos, Photos, & Publications
- Education News
- Prayers & Practice Materials
- Mantras and Sutras
- Death and Dying
- Teachings and Advice
- Holy Objects
- FPMT Service Seminars
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Guides
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Shugden/Dolgyal Information
- Make a Donation
- Charitable Projects
- News about Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- International Office Activities
- Give Where Most Needed
- About FPMT
- Join Friends of FPMT
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Education Scholarship Fund
Supporting Talent and Creative Initiative
Having Dharma knowledge and understanding Dharma is like a clear crystal; not only that, it is enriched with compassion and a special attitude, like bodhisattvas who take full responsibility alone to liberate countless sentient beings from the most unbearable oceans of suffering of samara.
Qualified teachers and practitioners are essential to the successful transmission of the Dharma around the world. FPMT Education Services has developed a wide range of educational programs to meet the needs of every student, and continues to develop new programs that preserve the lineage and educate the next generation.
The Education Scholarship Fund provides the funding needed to create our comprehensive educational programs and helps financially FPMT Centers and students enrolled in FPMT programs around the world, these students are on track to become FPMT Dharma teachers, meditators, and practitioners.
A few of the projects we have recently supported include:
- Creation of the Masters Program at Istituto Lama Tzong Khapa, Italy
- Creation of the Basic Program, now hosted at twenty-nine FPMT centers around the world and available as a homestudy program.
- Scholarships to Masters Program students from France, USA, Canada, and Italy
- Scholarships to students of Maitripa College’s Advanced Buddhist Studies Program, USA
- Creation of Discovering Buddhism, now hosted at over 100 FPMT centers around the world, and available as a homestudy program.
- Teacher Training Workshop in Europe
- Basic Program pilot course at Chenrezig Institute, Australia
My years at Maitripa College have been an invaluable and transforming experience for me personally, spiritually, and academically. It is only because of FPMT’s scholarship that I have been able to receive this education. My deep gratitude goes to the inexhaustibly kind guide Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche and to the work of FPMT for offering such generous support to me and fellow students.
Please enjoy Mandala magazine’s article on Education Fund (Oct-Dec, 2009)
The opportunity to receive a Dharma education is most precious. Please help us educate and support the next generation of great teachers and practitioners!
For more information please contact the FPMT Education Services Director at the Education Department
The Education Scholarship Fund is a project of FPMT Inc.
- Tagged: fpmt projects
The essence of the guru is wisdom: the perfectly clear and radiant state of mind in which bliss and the realization of emptiness are inseparably unified.
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557