- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- Mandala Magazine
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Education News
- Online Learning Center
- Buddhist Teachings
- FPMT Service Seminars
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Director
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Make a Donation
- FPMT’s Charitable Projects
- Animal Liberation Fund
- Big Love Fund
- Education Scholarship & Development Fund
- International Merit Box Project
- Lama Tsongkhapa Teachers Fund
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund
- Long Life Puja Fund
- Online Learning Fund
- Padmasambhava Project for Peace
- Prajnaparamita Project
- Prayer Wheel Fund
- Preserving the Lineage Fund
- Puja Fund
- Sera Je Food Fund
- Stupa Fund
- Stupa to Minimize Harm from the Elements
- Tibetan Health Services Project
- Translation Fund
- News about FPMT Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- Support the International Office
- Give Where Most Needed
- About FPMT
- CPMT 2014
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Merit Box Distribution 2007
The Merit Box is a wonderful tool – it helps us develop our practice of generosity and it helps Lama Zopa Rinpoche to fund valuable projects, thereby helping to fulfill Rinpoche’s amazing vision – so it is a great cause for rejoicing on many levels!
When we practice generosity, we are applying the exact antidote to attachment.
Over the past year, the Merit Box project has grown significantly. We’ve sent more than 340 kits to coordinators and participants around the world and now have participants in 27 countries.
Genuine heartfelt appreciation goes out to all who have participated and to the Merit Box Coordinators who have worked so hard to make this very beneficial project a success.
The offerings collected for 2007 from Merit Box participants around the world amounted to $98,308.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche is very pleased and has determined that the amount will be distributed to the following projects and center programs:
- FPMT Translations Fund $10,000
- Chenrezig Institute Education Program $5,000
- Land of Calm Abiding $1,000
- Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive $5,000
- Maitreya Project $10,000
- Kopan Nunnery Building $10,000
- Universal Compassion & Wisdom for Peace $5,000
- Loving Kindness Peaceful Youth $5,000
- Nalanda Monastery Building Project $5,000
- Puja for HHDL $3,000
- Sed-Gyued Monastery Food Fund $10,000
- Mystic Tibet DVD $2,000
- Ling Rinpoche Khamzen/Gompa Building $3,000
- FPMT Foundation Training $5,000
- Organization of next CPMT Meeting 2008 $5,000
- International Mahayana Institute $5,000
- Maitripa Institute $9,300
PLEASE REJOICE STRONGLY
The Council for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (CPMT) meetings are the essential glue of the Foundation.
It is a good idea for us to meet together. Why? Because we are all working together, putting our energy together. We are doing the same job with the same end. That’s why it is important. We need harmony and good understanding of each other, and of each other’s work. We need to respect what each of us is doing. That is the way to build one mandala…. Our aim is to spread good vibrations, giving our body, speech and mind to others…. We should share with each other and learn from each other. Until we open our hearts to each other, we’ll be unable to learn…. Culturally we are quite different, but we all want to find the best way to lead others to enlightenment…. Our actions show what we are.
The purpose of CPMT meetings is to refocus on the FPMT Mission Statement and on how we offer service to fulfill our vision. CPMT meetings enable participants to meet together to help each other learn from each other’s successes and mistakes, and to become re-energized so that we may continuously improve our work.
The Spiritual Director is always requested to attend the meeting, in order that participants may have the benefit of his advice.
I will be very happy to see you at the CPMT meeting. In this way we will develop our wisdom and method as a whole family, in order to liberate all sentient beings from the cause of suffering, which is a result that normal worldly education doesn’t reach. It doesn’t purify the cause of suffering, let alone help sentient beings to reach the total cessation of suffering.
Statements of Appreciation
No words can really completely capture the joyous feelings in my heart when I think of how Rinpoche and FPMT has benefited so many thousands of people these past twenty, thirty years. …Thank you everyone and most of all thank you to Rinpoche for opening my eyes and my mind to the true meaning and purpose of my life.
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557