- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- Mandala Magazine
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Education News
- Online Learning Center
- Buddhist Teachings
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Director
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Make a Donation
- FPMT’s Charitable Projects
- Animal Liberation Fund
- Big Love Fund
- Education Scholarship & Development Fund
- International Merit Box Project
- Lama Tsongkhapa Teachers Fund
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund
- Long Life Puja Fund
- Online Learning Fund
- Padmasambhava Project for Peace
- Prajnaparamita Project
- Prayer Wheel Fund
- Preserving the Lineage Fund
- Puja Fund
- Sera Je Food Fund
- Stupa Fund
- Stupa to Minimize Harm from the Elements
- Tibetan Health Services Project
- Translation Fund
- News about FPMT Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- Support the International Office
- About FPMT
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Practice on Buddha Multiplying Days
On Buddha Multiplying Days, karmic results are multiplied by one hundred million, as cited by Lama Zopa Rinpoche in the Vinaya text Treasure of Quotations and Logic.
- Monlam — Days 1—15 of Month 1: Lord Buddha performed many miracles; the 15th, Chotrul Duchen, is Day of Miracles.
- Saka Dawa — Day 15 of Month 4: Lord Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (Or, according to Geshe Dakpa et al, only the latter two).
- Chokhor Duchen — Day 4 of Month 6: Lord Buddha’s first teaching.
- Lhabab Duchen — Day 22 of Month 9: Lord Buddha’s actual descent from God Realm of Thirty-three.
Practices specifically recommended by Rinpoche for Buddha Multiplying Days include:
Of course, any other meritorious activities often advised by Lama Zopa Rinpoche are also good to do on these days, such as recitation of the Sanghata Sutra, Golden Light Sutra, etc. with extensive dedications. These texts are available on our Sutras page.
In addition, you might consider including children in your Buddha Multiplying Day celebrations and reading Eight Plays for Children. This book of charming and easily produced plays for children contains tales of wisdom and kindness from his past lives as animals as well as his life as Prince Siddharta.
The ceremony for taking the Eight Mahayana Precepts can be found in the “Morning Prayers” section of Essential Buddhist Prayers, Vol. 1, or in the text The Direct and Unmistaken Method. We have a beautiful color cover glossy booklet for Nyung Nä, complete with instructions for how to do the practice.
*According to Ven. Choden Rinpoche, one of Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s teachers, observation of auspicious days should be according to the date in India, not the date in one’s home country. Therefore, when Lama Zopa Rinpoche is not in India, Rinpoche celebrates Buddha Days and other auspicious dates according to the time in India.
- Tagged: advice from lama zopa rinpoche
Statements of Appreciation
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557