- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- Mandala Magazine
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Education News
- Online Learning Center
- Buddhist Teachings
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Director
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Make a Donation
- FPMT’s Charitable Projects
- Animal Liberation Fund
- Big Love Fund
- Education Scholarship & Development Fund
- International Merit Box Project
- Lama Tsongkhapa Teachers Fund
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund
- Long Life Puja Fund
- Online Learning Fund
- Padmasambhava Project for Peace
- Prajnaparamita Project
- Prayer Wheel Fund
- Preserving the Lineage Fund
- Puja Fund
- Sera Je Food Fund
- Stupa Fund
- Stupa to Minimize Harm from the Elements
- Tibetan Health Services Project
- Translation Fund
- News about FPMT Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- Support the International Office
- About FPMT
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Tenzin Ösel Hita
Further Information About
Tenzin Ösel Hita
• News About Ösel
• Photos of Ösel
• Videos of Ösel
• Talks with Ösel
• Ösel in Mandala- all Articles
• Books and Articles about Ösel
• The Big Love Fund: A fund to support the creative and educational projects of Tenzin Ösel Hita
• Ösel on Facebook
I am very happy to share a letter from Ösel which he has written to the FPMT family.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche has advised Osel to continue his studies at Sera Je Monastery for a few months each year under the guidance of his teacher Geshe Gendun Chompel, as well as to do retreat. Rinpoche is very happy with Ösel giving general advice to centers, projects and services when he has time. Ösel is a member of the FPMT Inc. Board.
(Ven Roger Kunsang is CEO of FPMT)
First of all I would like to say hello to everybody working so hard every day for the benefit of sentient beings through the organization of FPMT. I understand that many of you have extra jobs in order to maintain your family and basic needs in life. Also many of you work as volunteers part time, apart from all the other work you have to cope with. It is very hard, and inspiring. I truly admire every one and each of you for all the effort, dedication and consistency that keeps the organization going.
Around a month ago, I attended an FPMT board meeting in California. This is the fourth Board meeting I have attended in the last three or four years. Each time of participation, I gain a deeper insight and understanding of the incredible scope of activity that FPMT is undertaking around the world every day.
In the last few days I have had the privilege to attend the highly professional and inspiring FDCW (Foundation for the Development of Compassion and Wisdom) meeting in Kuala Lumpur. FDCW’s mission is to help children, youth and adults of all cultures and traditions to develop their innate capacity to be kind and wise, and contribute to peace in the world.
As I learn more about FPMT from these perspectives, my respect, and profound appreciation for Lama Zopa Rinpoche and the whole community grows exponentially.
What has taken place since Lama Yeshe’s passing in 1984 in my view is completely miraculous and inspiring.
I have nothing but the greatest admiration and gratitude for everyone that has taken part in this wonderful and positive development.
It will take me some time to really grasp everything that Rinpoche accomplishes with the tireless support of Venerable Roger who works to handle all the tasks 24/7/365 days a year every year supported by Venerable Holly, and the amazing International Office staff.
Continue here to read Ösel’s entire letter to the FPMT Family
For additional current information please also see;
- Listen to a recent audio interview between Ösel and the BBC called, “The Reluctant Lama.”
- BBC News, “Ösel Hita: The Reluctant Lama.”
- Interview with Justin McElroy, June, 2009
- Ösel Hita Joins FPMT Board Meeting Interview from July – September 2010 Mandala
- Tagged: osel hita
Statements of Appreciation
What a privilege it is to be a part of such an amazing foundation, filled with such amazing people!
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557