- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- Mandala Magazine
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Education News
- Online Learning Center
- Buddhist Teachings
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Director
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Make a Donation
- FPMT’s Charitable Projects
- Animal Liberation Fund
- Big Love Fund
- Education Scholarship & Development Fund
- International Merit Box Project
- Lama Tsongkhapa Teachers Fund
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund
- Long Life Puja Fund
- Online Learning Fund
- Padmasambhava Project for Peace
- Prajnaparamita Project
- Prayer Wheel Fund
- Preserving the Lineage Fund
- Puja Fund
- Sera Je Food Fund
- Stupa Fund
- Stupa to Minimize Harm from the Elements
- Tibetan Health Services Project
- Translation Fund
- News about FPMT Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- Support the International Office
- About FPMT
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Practices Requested on April 24 2013
The full list of pujas and practices to do and which are being done:
- Animal Liberation – do as much as possible, either yourselves or by donating online to Amitabha Buddhist Center, who does substantial animal liberations every two weeks. Text available here and in Essential Buddhist Prayers, vol 2.
- Tendil Nyersel prayer flags should be hung in all FPMT centers, projects and services. How to order.
- Recite Hayagriva mantras as much as possible.
- Offer long life puja(s) to Rinpoche through the 5 Dakinis. FPMT will request Khadro-la to offer a long life puja to Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Also when Rinpoche visits FPMT centers during the year, good to offer a long life puja with the 5 dakinis.
Practices being done at monasteries (can be done personally too):
5. Read the longest version of the Golden Light sutra x 67
6. Recite 100,000 praises to Tara within Tara pujas
7. Dor.de Kelsang x 67
8. Dukchuma as much as possible
9. Dukka x 1000
10. Mamo Trukung x 2
11. Gyal sod Tsen sod
April 25 2011
Lama Zopa Rinpoche entered hospital on Saturday 23rd April, now is the second day under observation. Yesterdays cat scan showed no bleeding or clot in the brain. There will be another scan to confirm that. Possibly Rinpoche will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow if doctors say ok.
Rinpoche’s right arm and leg have lost some use, speech is slurred making it difficult to understand him, but this part got a little better today.
Doctors say Rinpoche will need intensive therapy for His right side and speech … Hopefully to regain all or most use back. This can take several months but difficult to say.
Rinpoche’s tour in Australia and Indonesia as well as his return to Nepal will have to be cancelled.
Practice Requested Dec 7 2011:
Recite the Golden Light Sutra (see posting above for more details)
This is the advice for practices that can be done, as advised by Khadro la and Choden Rinpoche:
1. Medicine Buddha puja … with extensive offerings.
2. 4 Mandala offering to Tara … as many as possible.
3. Most Secret Hayagriva mantra with supplication as much as possible:
4. White Tara mantra with Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s name
With deep gratitude for all your support,
Statements of Appreciation
First of all, congratulations on the successful launch of the DB Online programme, its fantastic!!! Second, I’ve long meant to comment on how amazed I am by all resources of the FPMT Education Department, and the breadth of the Education Program worldwide (and accessibility) from DB to the Masters Program. Its all first-rate, from the teachings, the resources and materials, all the booklets, audio and video FPMT offers are quite fantastic, and such an important support for anyones practice at any level. The love that’s gone into all of it is abundant and obvious.
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557