- FPMT News
- Important Announcements
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche News
- Mandala Magazine
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media
- Education News
- Online Learning Center
- Buddhist Teachings
- FPMT Service Seminars
- Offer Your Support
- Buddhism FAQ
- Spiritual Director
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Lama Thubten Yeshe
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Rinpoche’s Teachers
- Resident Teachers
- Touring Lamas
- Make a Donation
- FPMT’s Charitable Projects
- Animal Liberation Fund
- Big Love Fund
- Education Scholarship & Development Fund
- International Merit Box Project
- Lama Tsongkhapa Teachers Fund
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund
- Long Life Puja Fund
- Online Learning Fund
- Padmasambhava Project for Peace
- Prajnaparamita Project
- Prayer Wheel Fund
- Preserving the Lineage Fund
- Puja Fund
- Sera Je Food Fund
- Stupa Fund
- Stupa to Minimize Harm from the Elements
- Tibetan Health Services Project
- Translation Fund
- News about FPMT Projects
- Other Projects within FPMT
- Support the International Office
- Give Where Most Needed
- About FPMT
- CPMT 2014
- Osel Hita
- International Office
- Regional & National Offices
- Statements of Appreciation
- Volunteer & Jobs
- Annual Review
Posts Tagged "lha bab duchen"
There are 1 results found
Every year on Lha Bab Duchen (Buddha’s Descent from Tushita) the Puja Fund sponsors an incredible array of pujas and offerings performed by Sangha around the world. This year, Lha Bab Duchen is celebrated on November 24 and the Puja Fund will sponsor over US$5,000 in pujas and practices. You are invited to participate in offering to this incredible array of beneficial activities.
- Sera Lachi (6,000 monks): Druk Chu Ma, Namgyäl Tong Chö, Zangcho (King of Prayers)
- Ganden Lachi (3,400 monks): Druk Chu Ma, Medicine Buddha Puja, Zangcho
- Drepung Lachi (4,200 monks): Druk Chu Ma, Namgyäl Tsechog, Zangcho
- Gyurme Tantric College (650 monks): Recitation of the Prajnaparamita (three versions)
- Gyuto Tantric College (600 monks): Namgyäl Tong Chö, Zangcho.
- 20rs is offered to every monk at these monasteries.
- Kopan Monastery: Druk chu ma, Medicine Buddha Puja, Tsang Cho. 50rs are offered to each monk.
- Kopan Nunnery: Druk Chu Ma, Medicine Buddha Puja, Tsang Cho. 50rs are offered to each nun.
- Offerings to all of Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s gurus (His Holiness the Dalai Lama, His Holiness Sakya Trizen, Geshe Sopa Rinpoche, Choden Rinpoche, Dhakpa Rinpoche, Jhado Rinpoche, Khongla Rato Rinpoche, Serkong Tsenshab Rinpoche).
- Offerings are made to all the Sangha at international Sangha communities: Nalanda Monastery, France; Thubten Shedrup Ling, Australia; Istituto Lama Tzong Khapa, Italy; Chenrezig Institute, Australia; and Sangha offering service at Rinpoche’s house, USA.
- White wash and offering four giant saffron flower petals are offered to Bouddhanath and Swayambunath stupas in Nepal, as well as new umbrellas to the stupas’ pinnacles.
- A new set of robes of the most precious material is offered to the Buddha inside the Bodhgaya Mahabodhi temple as well as the Jowo Buddha in Lhasa’s Jokang and also gold is offered to the holy face of the Jowo Buddha.
You can learn more about the entire array of yearly and monthly pujas, practices and offerings sponsored by the Puja Fund. You are welcome to contribute to this ongoing effort.
Statements of Appreciation
I’m really glad that I decided to do the (Basic Program) exam and retreat, as it has given me renewed enthusiasm towards more study and meditation, and humility realizing that whatever I think I know is only like a drop in the the ocean of Dharma. …Thank you, and the FPMT office, for all you have done in putting this program together and administering it.
Portland, OR 97214-4702 USA
Tel (503) 808-1588 | Fax (503) 232-0557